Prompt Appointments + Personalized Adjustments
At Hands on Health Wellness Clinic, we pride ourselves on providing prompt service for our valued patients. While sometimes delays can’t be avoided, in most circumstances we’re ready for you at your exact appointment time. Of course, if you are running late, we’d appreciate a phone call.
Monday and Wednesday
10am – 12pm and 1:30pm – 6pm
Tuesday and Thursday
1:30pm – 6pm
Chiropractic Therapies For Your Health
Dr. Canada tailors each adjustment to the needs of that patient, on that particular day—there are no cookie cutter adjustments here! She will take the time to listen to what pain issues you are facing and will then utilize a variety of adjustment techniques and methodologies, designed to relieve pain, relax muscles and increase movement. Oftentimes, she will use hot packs prior to treatment to help loosen up the muscles.
Most patients come to Dr. Canada with back or neck pain, or an acute condition. This can require seeing Dr. Canada on a regular basis for a while. Once the condition has been resolved, chiropractic care can continue on a wellness basis, or resume as needed.
Call-out: “My practice is called “Hands On Health Wellness Clinic” for two reasons. First, what I do involves using my hands on you. Secondly, as a patient, you’ll also participate in the wellness process. We’ll work together toward wellness.”
- Soft Tissue (Muscle) Therapy is designed to restore full function to muscles and ligament. Dr. Canada uses a variety of Soft Tissue Therapies, including NIMMO, PIR and more. NIMMO or Receptor Tonus, is a specific chiropractic technique that address muscular problems by applying pressure on trigger points, allowing the muscle to relax and restore proper joint function. Postisometric relaxation (PIR) is a technique that is often used for patients in acute distress to restore full function to muscles and ligaments.
- Therapeutic Ultrasound is often used to relax muscles that are too tight around a joint, in order to allow effective manipulation. It provides a deep heating effect beneath the skin, to encourage blood circulation and relaxation. It is completely painless.
- Electric Muscle Stimulation is used to reduce pain, decrease swelling, increase blood flow into an injured joint or muscle and increase healing. Dr. Canada places pads on or around the injured area and then sends electrical pulses.
- Cold Laser is the use of a low level energy (light) source that matches the frequency of cells, which enhances the body’s natural healing processes. It can increase cellular communication, so nerves can “talk” to muscles better. This process does not break the skin like surgical lasers.
- Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA) measures the speed of a slight current as it passes through body tissue, which enables Dr. Canada to determine lean muscle mass, fat mass, water inside cells (an indicator of toxicity) and basal metabolic rate. (BMR) BMR is the rate of energy expenditure by your body at rest. The information gathered can be used to help people who are in training (sports) or trying to lose weight.
- Rehab Exercise consists of stretching and strengthening exercises specific to an area of complaint, using low tech rehab tools like foam rollers and gym balls. Dr. Canada will provide demonstrations and guidance, so you are able to do these rehab exercises at home.
- Nutritional Counseling is also available. Dr Canada is certified by the Loomis Institute of Enzyme Nutrition, the art and science of using nutrition to maintain homeostasis and health in the body. It can help you achieve optimal health using whole foods that contain protein, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, minerals and enzymes, without chemical compounds.
The Dangers of Stress
There are three kinds of stress that can wreak havoc on your health: physical, chemical and emotional.
- Physical — What is your body structure? Do you have scoliosis? Do you sit in front of a computer all day? Are you an extreme athlete? Do you suffer from injuries caused by an accident?
- Chemical — What do you eat? How do you fuel your body? What environment do you live in? Are you exposed to toxic air or water? What does your body eliminate, and what doesn’t it?
- Emotional — Have you had a death in the family? Do you have a healthy relationship with others? How do you view your self? Your job?
All three kinds of stress can cause inflammation that can result in varying levels of pain. They can cause stiffness, lack of motion, mild and acute pain and discomfort.
Dr. Canada will spend time during each visit discussing your symptoms and issues, and then provide you with personalized treatment to fit your exact needs.